Subject: B600 Site Status
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 14:59:23 -0500
From: "Zappia, Tim" <Tim.Zappia@mts.com>
To: Brad Thoen <Brad.Thoen@mts.com>, Craig Campbell
     <Craig.L.Campbell@mts.com>, Grant Ovsak <Grant.Ovsak@mts.com>,
     Kevin Laffen <kevin.Laffen@mts.com>, Mike Nemeth <Mike.Nemeth@mts.com>,
     Paul Randall <Paul.Randall@mts.com>, Rod Larson <Rod.Larson@mts.com>,
     Tom Miller <Tom.Miller@mts.com>

Bonjour Mes Amis,

Here's what's happening on-site:

1) The miscellaneous mechanical parts are being installed as planned
with no unpleasant surprises (yet).  Andreas is coming to the site next
week and we should be able to finish installing the hinge and side
seals.

2) NFM has dragged their feet in getting the power connections and cable
trays put into place.  They will start on the 12th and promise that we
should have power for the HPU's and cooling system by the 19th.  Power
should also be available for the CC-GH controller computer in the pump
room at this time, but they have not yet confirmed it.  Tom Millers trip
has accordingly been delayed by a few days.  He will be leaving Monday
night and on-site Wednesday morning to install the cables.

3)  The site is still very dirty and I'm hesitant to flush and run the
system in these conditions.  I have been promised that the area where
the wave generator is will be cleaned by Tuesday next week.
Unfortunately, I've heard these promises before and have been
disappointed.  We will wait and see.

4)  The company that is making the wave absorber is behind schedule.
This means that there is a good possibility that there will be a delay
in filling the basin. Plans were to start filling the basin on June 1.
I should know if the schedule shifts tomorrow or Monday.

If the schedule is delayed and/or the site conditions remain the same, I
will want to delay everyones trip.  The longer we wait the better
conditions we will have for running the system.  Also, it will be less
time that the customer can expect to run tests without water in the
basin.  If there is no delay and the basin is cleaned up next week, we
will stay with the basic schedule I had outlined last week, with maybe a
3-4 day delay.

I apologize for any inconveniece this uncertainty causes.  If you see
any scheduling confilicts with other jobs please let me know.  Brad and
Rod, I already know about UCSD and am keeping Neal informed about our
schedule.

Tim
